COVID19 MITIGATION PROTOCOL
Immanuel Lutheran Church
This document is a summary of the protocols the Church Council of Immanuel Lutheran Church will be using in order to maintain the safety of our members, staff, and community while providing an in-person worship option during the COVID-19 pandemic. We want to advise visitors and members who are at higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19 to stay home and participate in our online worship services and other events.
CHURCH COUNCIL RESPONSIBILITIES
The Church Council will continue to monitor:
- Reports of positive cases of COVID-19 in church members as well as in the community
- Availability of hospital beds, protective gear, supplies, and services in Killeen and surrounding areas
- Guidance from appropriate city, county, state, and national leaders as well as the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA) and Northern Texas-Northern Louisiana Synod (NT-NL).
At any time, the Church Council may change this plan, including returning to online worship if the need arises based on changing circumstances.
OVERVIEW OF CURRENT PLAN
- Social Distancing: Those not living in the same household are expected to remain 6 feet apart while on church property. To facilitate this, family units will be seated in pods in the worship space and will need to make reservations for attending worship. There will be no Sharing of the Peace and no greeting before or after worship.
Worship Reservations: Prior to attending in person worship, family units will need to contact Church Council Vice President Larry Moehnke with your name and the number of people in your party. Call: 254-466-3601 or Email: .
- Face Covering: Wearing a face mask over the nose and mouth is expected while attending in person worship. At this time, eating and drinking are not permitted in the church building.
- Symptom Check: Before entering the church building, all visitors are expected to certify that they have not tested positive for COVID-19 or been in contact with someone who has tested positive. In addition, all visitors must certify that they do not have any of the symptoms listed below:
Symptoms: Fever, cough, shortness of breath/difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle/body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea. If you are sick, please stay home.
- Staggered Office Hours: Office staff members will maintain a reduced and staggered schedule.
- Enhanced Cleaning: A professional cleaning company will continue regularly scheduled weekly cleaning. In addition, volunteers will deep clean all spaces used during in person worship.
POSITIVE COVID TEST
It is important for any visitor or member who tests positive for COVID-19, or has a known exposure, to immediately notify Pastor Veronica Smith.
Pastor Veronica Smith: 443-613-2674. Please call or text, do not email.
Any information shared will be limited to the minimum necessary in order to protect others and mitigate the spread of COVID-19. In the event of a report of a positive COVID-19 result, the following steps will be taken:
- Visitors and members will be notified that a potential exposure has occurred
- All in-person activities will be halted for a period of 2 weeks
- Online worship services will resume
- Church facilities will be cleaned and sanitized
The Church Council of Immanuel Lutheran Church would like to thank you for your patience and understanding during this challenging time. God loves you and so do we.
God Loves. We Love.
God Serves. We Serve.
God Accepts. We Accept.
Always…With God’s Help.